More About 'Robinson'
- Upright, broadly oval, growth habit
- Deep pink flowers bloom before the leaves emerge
- Flowers are followed by small to medium, bright red crabapples
- Pointy leaves emerge purple, turning bronze-green in the summer
- Foliage turns orange in the fall
- Bloom Time: Spring
Robinson Crabapple Growing and Maintenance Tips
This cultivar has good resistance to many commonly, occurring disease. Use as a specimen, in small groups or mixed with other cultivars. Crabapples have visual appeal in the spring with their abundance of showy flowers. Added appeal lies in the fall and winter with their colourful fruit that is attractive to birds.
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeEarly Spring