Malus 'Red Splendor'
More About 'Red Splendor'
- Upright, open, round, spreading habit
- Rose-red buds open to single, deep pink flowers before the leaves emerge
- Flowers are followed by medium to large, red crabapples
- Leaves are dark red-green in the summer
- Foliage turns reddish-purple in the fall
- Bloom Time: Spring
Red Splendor Crabapple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Use as a specimen, in small groups or mixed with other cultivars. Crabapples have visual appeal in the spring with their abundance of showy flowers. Added appeal lies in the fall and winter with their colourful fruit that are attractive to birds.
'Red Splendor' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeEarly Spring