Malus 'Red Barron'
More About 'Red Barron'
- Columnar habit with nearly vertical branches
- Dark red buds open to fragrant, single, red flowers before the leaves emerge
- Flowers are followed by small, shiny, red crabapples
- Leaves emerge copper-bronze and turn purple-green in the summer
- Foliage is bright orange in the fall
- Bloom Time: Spring
Red Barron Crabapple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Used as a specimen in areas where a vertical accent is desired or space is limited. This crabapple has visual appeal in the spring with its abundance of showy flowers.
'Red Barron' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeEarly Spring