More About 'Prairifire'
- Upright, broadly oval to rounded habit
- Crimson buds open to fragrant, bright pinkish-red flowers before the leaves emerge
- Flowers are followed by medium-sized, purple-red crabapples
- Leaves emerge purple and become dark green with red veins in the summer
- Foliage turns orange in the fall
- Bloom Time: Spring
Prairifire Crabapple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Use as a specimen, in small groups or mixed with other cultivars. Crabapples have visual appeal in the spring with their abundance of showy flowers. Added appeal lies in the fall and winter with their colourful fruit that is attractive to birds.
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeEarly Spring