Malus 'Pink Spires'
More About 'Pink Spires'
- Upright, vase to oval-shaped, growth habit
- Deep rose coloured buds open to fragrant, pale pink flowers before the leaves emerge
- Flowers are followed by medium-sized, showy, red crabapples
- Leaves emerge red and turn coppery-bronze in the summer
- Foliage turns bright yellow in the fall
- Bloom Time: Spring
Colour:Pink (deep),Pink (pale)
Pink Spires Crabapple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Use as a specimen, in small groups or mixed with other cultivars. Crabapples have visual appeal in the spring with their abundance of showy flowers. Added appeal lies in the fall and winter with their colourful fruit that is attractive to birds.
'Pink Spires' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeEarly Spring