More About 'Makamik'
- Upright, broadly oval, growth habit
- Red buds open to purple-pink flowers before the leaves emerge
- Flowers are followed by small to large, red crabapples
- Pointy leaves emerge purple, turning dark green in the summer
- Foliage turns copper in the fall
Makamik Crabapple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Use as a specimen, in small groups or mixed with other cultivars. Crabapples have visual appeal in the spring, with their abundance of showy flowers and in the fall and winter with their colourful fruit that attracts birds.
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeEarly Spring