Malus 'Indian Summer'
More About 'Indian Summer'
- Upright, rounded to pyramidal, growth habit
- Crimson buds open to single, deep pink flowers before the leaves emerge
- Flowers are followed by medium, bright red crabapples
- Leaves emerge purplish turning medium green in the summer
- Foliage turns orange-red in the fall
- Bloom Time: Spring
Indian Summer Crabapple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Use as a specimen, in small groups or mixed with other cultivars. Crabapples have visual appeal in the spring with their abundance of showy flowers. Added appeal lies in the fall and winter with their colourful fruit that is attractive to birds.
'Indian Summer' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeEarly Spring