More About 'Dolgo'
- Upright, broadly rounded to pyramidal habit
- Pink buds open to fragrant, white flowers before the leaves emerge
- Flowers are followed by large, dusty-red crabapples
- Leaves are dark green in the summer
- Foliage turns reddish-orange to deep purple in the fall
- Bloom Time: Spring
Dolgo Crabapple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Larger than normal, edible fruits ripen midsummer, making this a good cultivar to use for crabapple jelly. Use as a specimen, in small groups or mixed with other cultivars. Crabapples have visual appeal in the spring with their abundance of showy flowers. Added appeal lies in the fall and winter with their colourful fruit that is attractive to birds.
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeEarly Spring