Magnolia x loebneri 'Merrill'
More About Magnolia x loebneri 'Merrill'
- Profuse, white flowers with a pink blush
- Strap-like petals overlap
- Dark green foliage turns yellow to bronze in colour in the fall
- Upright, medium-sized shrub
- Bloom Time: March to April
Merrill Magnolia Growing and Maintenance Tips
Magnolia grow best in a moist, organically rich, well-drained loam, in full sun to partial shade. Avoid southern exposures where the buds may be induced to open too early in late winter.
Magnolia x loebneri 'Merrill' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeEarly Spring