Magnolia x brooklynensis 'Yellow Bird'
More About Magnolia x brooklynensis 'Yellow Bird'
- Pyramidal when young, maturing to a straight trunk, and a rounded crown
- Fragrant, yellow flowers at the ends of twigs appear simultaneously with the leaves
- Infrequent bunches of seeds, (cucumbers) are green in late summer, ripening red, drying brown
- Fallen, red fruits will attract ground birds
- Narrow, pointed, green leaves, up to 25 cm long
- Fall colour is yellow, gold and brown
- Bloom Time: April
- Flower Size: 7 cm
Yellow Bird Magnolia Growing and Maintenance Tips
Unlike most magnolia, which are grown as a multi-stemmed form, Yellow Bird magnolia usually has a straight trunk. Grows best in a slightly acidic soil and is intolerant of drought, excessive moisture, and pollution. Any pruning should be done soon after flowering, to allow the plant enough time to reset buds for the following year.
Magnolia x brooklynensis 'Yellow Bird' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils