Magnolia stellata 'Waterlily'
More About Magnolia stellata 'Waterlily'
- Has slightly larger and more numerous tepals than the species
- This characteristic results in a waterlily-like appearance
- Obovate to narrow, dark green foliage
- Pale pink buds open to fragrant, white flowers followed by greenish pods
- Bloom Time: March to April
Waterlily Magnolia Growing and Maintenance Tips
Magnolia do best in a moist, organically rich, well-drained loam, in full sun to partial shade. Avoid southern exposures, where the buds may be induced to open too early in late winter.
Magnolia stellata 'Waterlily' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average