Lupinus polyphyllus 'Russell Mix'
More About Lupinus polyphyllus 'Russell Mix'
- Compact spikes of rich coloured flowers
- Range of flower colours include yellows, blues, reds, pinks, and white
- Black, seed heads follow once flowers finish
- Smooth, palmate leaves are bright green
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer
- Flower Height: 100 cm
- Foliage Height: 60 cm
Lupine Growing and Maintenance Tips
Best grown in a light, slightly acidic, well-drained soil. Plant them in a sunny location with protection from the hot, direct, afternoon sun in warmer climates. They have a fast-growing taproot and work well for mass plantings.
Lupinus polyphyllus 'Russell Mix' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum