Lonicera x heckrotti 'Goldflame'
More About Lonicera x heckrotti 'Goldflame'
- Terminal clusters of fragrant, tubular flowers
- Deep pink buds open to reveal a golden-yellow centres
- Paired, ovate, deep green leaves, 6 cm long
- Small, poisonous, red berries form in September
- Bloom Time: June to August
'Gold Flame' is a cross between Lonicera americana and Lonicera sempervirens.
Goldflame Honeysuckle Growing and Maintenance Tips
Lonicera grow best in a moist to average, well-drained soil, in full sun to partial shade. This twining vine can be used to grow on an arbour or trellis. It is not overly aggressive and can be pruned in early spring to maintain desired shape and size.
Lonicera x heckrotti 'Goldflame' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average