Lobelia x 'Compliment Deep Red'
More About Lobelia x 'Compliment Deep Red'
- AKA Lobelia 'Kompliment Tiefrot
- Spikes of true red flowers on unbranched stems
- Tubular flowers are two-lipped
- Finely toothed, narrow, dark green leaves
- Attracts butterflies and hummingbirds
- Bloom Time: July to September
- Flower Height: 80 cm
- Foliage Height: 50 cm
Parentage: Lobeilia cardinalis x Lobelia siphilitica x Lobelia fulgens.
All parts of this plant are TOXIC.
Cardinal Flower Growing and Maintenance Tips
It will adapt well to garden conditions and can be used in moist areas, beside ponds or water features or in low wooded areas. Is known to self-seed under optimum conditions. Clumps can be divided in early spring. Provides very intense colour for the late summer garden.
Lobelia x 'Compliment Deep Red' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Wet Soils
Moist to Average
Foliage ColorGreen (dark)
Landscape usesWoodland/woods edge