Liriope spicata 'Silver Dragon'
More About Liriope spicata 'Silver Dragon'
- AKA Liriope spicata 'Gin-ryu'
- Showy whorled lavender flowers on short spikes, just proud of the body of the plant
- Flowers lead to dark blue to black berries, persisting into the winter
- Semi-evergreen, strap-like, arching, glossy, variegated green and white leaves
- Grown for its slow-spreading, clump-forming habit
- Bloom Time: Late summer
- Flower Height: 50 cm
- Foliage Height: 40 cm
Liriope is not a grass, it is a member of the lily family.
Silver Dragon Lily Turf Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a moist, fertile soil, in partial shade, and will tolerate a wide range of light and soil conditions, heat, humidity and drought. Prune in early spring to remove old foliage and dead tips.
Liriope spicata 'Silver Dragon' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Landscape usesFoundation planting