Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiata'
More About Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiata'
- AKA Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiatum'
- Narrow, columnar habit with sharply ascending branches
- Cup-shaped, tulip-like flowers bloom after the leaf is fully developed
- Flowers are green with an orange band at the base of each petal
- Four-lobed, bright green leaves turn golden-yellow in the fall
- Bloom Time: Late spring
Columnar Tulip Tree Growing and Maintenance Tips
A good specimen, ideal for a vertical accent in the landscape where space is limited. Tulip-like flowers appear after the leaves have emerged, giving it additional visual appeal.
Liriodendron tulipifera 'Fastigiata' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum