Liquidambar styraciflua 'Emerald Sentinel®' (Clydesform)#PP10676
Suitable Substitutions for Liquidambar styraciflua 'Emerald Sentinel®' (Clydesform)
More About Liquidambar styraciflua Emerald Sentinel® ('Clydesform') (PP10676)
- Columnar, developing into narrow pyramid
- Branchlets may have distinctive, corky ridges
- Glossy, dark green leaves vaguely resemble a maple leaf
- Fall colour of purple, orange and yellow lasts longer than other cultivars
- Non-showy, yellow-green flowers appear in clusters in early spring
- Female flowers give way to hard, bristly, "gumballs"
Emerald Sentinel grows more slowly than other cultivars.
Emerald Sentinel® Sweetgum Growing and Maintenance Tips
An excellent, ornamental tree with brilliant fall colour, suitable for a wide range of locations, including typically wetter areas. Shows best fall colour in a slightly acidic soil.
Liquidambar styraciflua Emerald Sentinel® ('Clydesform') (PP10676) Characteristics
Moist to Average