Ligularia dentata 'Othello'
Also called Golden Groundsel / Leopard Plant
Suitable Substitutions for Ligularia dentata 'Othello'
More About Ligularia dentata 'Othello'
- AKA Senecio clivorum 'Othello'
- 'Othello' blooms slightly before 'Desdemona'
- Orange-gold, daisy-like flowers form loose clusters on dark stems
- Leaves emerge bronze-purple and fade to dark green by midseason
- Leaf undersides remain bright purple
- Large, lily pad-like leaves, 20-25 cm wide
- Bloom Time: Late June to late August
- Flower Height: 15 cm above the foliage
- Flower Size: 5-6 cm
Bigleaf Ligularia Growing and Maintenance Tips
Ligularia are best grown in a cool, moist location, in a well-drained soil, in partial shade. Protection from the hot, afternoon sun will help prevent wilting. Great perennial for the back border.
Ligularia dentata 'Othello' Characteristics
Bog or water garden
Soil MoistureMoist to Wet Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum
Foliage ColorGreen (dark)