Ligularia dentata 'Britt-Marie Crawford'#PP16113
Also called Elephant Ears, Leopard Plant
More About Ligularia dentata 'Britt-Marie Crawford' (PP16113)
- AKA Senecio clivorum 'Britt-Marie Crawford'
- Orange-gold, daisy-like flowers form loose clusters on dark stems
- Thick, purple-black, slightly wavy foliage
- Leaf underside is a bright purple
- Large, lily pad-like leaves, 20-25 cm wide
- Leaves hold their colour throughout the season
- Bloom Time: Late June to late August
- Flower Height: 125 cm
- Flower Size: 6-8 cm
A Heritage Perennial Top 10 Perennial for 2006.
Bigleaf Ligularia Growing and Maintenance Tips
Ligularia are best grown in a cool, moist location, in a well-drained soil, in partial shade. Protection from the hot, afternoon sun will help prevent wilting. Great perennial for the back border.
Ligularia dentata 'Britt-Marie Crawford' (PP16113) Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Wet Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum