Liatris spicata 'Kobold'
Also called Gayfeather
More About Liatris spicata 'Kobold'
- AKA Liatris callilepis 'Kobold'
- Round, fluffy, purple flowers
- Blooms open at the top of the spike and then slowly open downward
- Narrow, bright green, grass-like foliage, 30 cm long
- Good cut or dried flower
- Attracts birds and butterflies
- Bloom Time: July to September
- Flower Height: 60 cm
Blazing Star Growing and Maintenance Tips
Use in mass in a perennial border, in native plant or cottage gardens. Taller plants may require staking. Easily grown in an average, medium, well-drained soil, in full sun. It is intolerant of a wet, winter site.
Liatris spicata 'Kobold' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils