Liatris spicata 'Floristan Purple' (Violet)
Also called Gayfeather
More About Liatris spicata Floristan Purple ('Violet')
- AKA Liatris callilepis 'Floristan Violet'
- Round, fluffy, violet-purple flowers
- Blooms open at the top of the spike and then slowly open downward
- Narrow, dark green, grass-like foliage, 30 cm long
- Good cut or dried flower
- Attracts birds and butterflies
- Bloom Time: July to September
- Flower Height: 75-90 cm
Floristan Purple Blazing Star Growing and Maintenance Tips
Use in mass in a perennial border, in native plant or cottage gardens. Taller plants may require staking. Easily grown in an average, medium, well-drained soil, in full sun. It is intolerant of a wet, winter site.
Liatris spicata Floristan Purple ('Violet') Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils