Kniphofia x 'Earliest of All'
Also called Torch Lily, Tritoma
More About Kniphofia x 'Earliest of All'
- Flower spikes are dense, orange pendants with yellow stamens
- Clumps of narrow, strap-like, gray-green foliage
- Tough, evergreen foliage has an upright, arching habit
- A colourful addition to hot, dry locations
- Bloom Time: July and may rebloom in the fall
- Flower Height: 100 cm
Red Hot Poker Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to dry, well-drained, sandy soil, in full sun. It is recommended tying up the leaves of kniphofia in the winter to keep the crowns dry, then in the spring remove the old foliage. Drought tolerant once established.
Kniphofia x 'Earliest of All' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum