Kniphofia uvaria 'Early Hybrids'
Also called Torch Flower, Tritoma
Suitable Substitutions for Kniphofia uvaria 'Early Hybrids'
More About Kniphofia uvaria 'Early Hybrids'
- Flower spikes are dense, red-orange pendants blending to yellow
- Clumps of narrow, strap-like, dark green foliage
- Tough, evergreen foliage has a loose, upright, arching habit
- A colourful addition to hot, dry locations
- Bloom Time: June to August
- Flower Height: 90 cm
Red Hot Poker Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to dry, well-drained, sandy soil, in full sun. It is recommended tying up the leaves of kniphofia in the winter to keep the crowns dry, then in the spring remove the old foliage. Drought tolerant once established.
Kniphofia uvaria 'Early Hybrids' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall