Kniphofia uvaria 'Alcazar'
Also called Torch Flower, Tritoma
Suitable Substitutions for Kniphofia uvaria 'Alcazar'
More About Kniphofia uvaria 'Alcazar'
- Flower spikes are dense, orange pendants blending to yellow as the flowers fade
- Clumps of narrow, strap-like, dark green foliage
- Tough, evergreen foliage has a loose, upright, arching habit
- A colourful addition to hot, dry locations
- Bloom Time: July to September
- Flower Height: 100 cm
Red Hot Poker Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to dry, well-drained, sandy soil, in full sun. It is recommended tying up the leaves of kniphofia in the winter to keep the crowns dry, then in the spring remove the old foliage. Drought tolerant once established.
Kniphofia uvaria 'Alcazar' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils