Kniphofia hirsuta 'Fire Dance'
Also called Torch Flower, Tritoma
More About Kniphofia hirsuta 'Fire Dance'
- Flower spikes are dense, red-orange pendants blending to yellow
- Clumps of narrow, strap-like, blue-green foliage
- Tough, evergreen foliage has an upright, arching habit
- A colourful addition to hot, dry locations
- Good plant for smaller locations
- Bloom Time: June to August
- Flower Height: 50 cm
Red Hot Poker Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to dry, well-drained, sandy soil, in full sun. It is recommended tying up the leaves of kniphofia in the winter to keep the crowns dry, then in the spring remove the old foliage. Drought tolerant once established.
Kniphofia hirsuta 'Fire Dance' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum