Itea virginica 'Henry's Garnet'
More About Itea virginica 'Henry's Garnet'
- Proven Winners® ColorChoice®
- Fragrant, white florets are held on narrow panicles
- Dark green leaves turn brilliant red in the fall
- Leaves frequently persist into the winter
- Suckers frequently, producing a dense, arching shrub
- Bloom Time: May to June
Henry's Garnet Sweetspire Growing and Maintenance Tips
Itea grows best in a slightly acidic, fertile soil with adequate moisture, however, it will tolerate some adverse conditions, like full sun to full shade. Some removal of suckers may be necessary to maintain size.
Itea virginica 'Henry's Garnet' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Moist to Wet Soils
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum