Iris sibirica 'Soft Blue'
More About Iris sibirica 'Soft Blue'
- Clump forming perennial
- Light blue, butterfly-like blooms on sturdy stems
- Soft blue falls with yellow and white markings near the throat
- Seed pods, 5-8 cm long remain on the stalks throughout the winter
- Upright, slender, bright green foliage
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer
Iris sibirica's bloom time falls between germanica and ensata cultivars.
Siberian Iris Growing and Maintenance Tips
Iris sibirica grows best in a moist to average, well-drained soil, in full sun to partial shade. Can tolerate drier conditions than other iris species.
Iris sibirica 'Soft Blue' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum