Iris pseudacorus 'Variegata'
More About Iris pseudacorus 'Variegata'
- AKA Iris lutea 'Variegata'
- Bright yellow flowers
- Brown markings at the base of each, yellow petal
- Each stem produces multiple flowers
- Emerges with vibrant, golden-green, variegated foliage
- Foliage variegation fades to a solid, bright green by midsummer
- Bloom Time: May to July
- Flower Size: 10 cm
Variegated Yellow Flag Iris Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in moist to wet conditions, in full sun. Great plant for ponds, streams and low-lying areas. Iris psuedocorus may be aggressive once established, so location should be considered.
Iris pseudacorus 'Variegata' Characteristics
Bog or water garden
Soil MoistureMoist to Wet Soils
Wetland (Root submerged)
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum