Iris germanica 'Clarence'
Suitable Substitutions for Iris germanica 'Clarence'
More About Iris germanica 'Clarence'
- Ruffled blooms of violet-blue and white have a pure white beard
- Standard petals are white with a slight violet hue
- Several blooms (7-10) per strong stalk
- Thick, light green, sword-like blades
- Rebloomer and has a sweet fragrance
- Bloom Time: May to June
- Flower Height: 90 cm
Tall Bearded Iris Growing and Maintenance Tips
Iris germanica grow best in a moist to average, well-drained soil, in full sun. They dislike wet conditions and excess winter moisture. Ensure that the rhizome is slightly about soil level when planting. Once the flowers are spent, remove stalks to keep a tidy looking plant. If plants are overcrowded, flowers will not be as prolific.
Iris germanica 'Clarence' Characteristics
Moist to Average