Iris ensata 'Queen's Tiara'
Also called Woodland Iris
More About Iris ensata 'Queen's Tiara'
- AKA Iris kaempferi 'Queen's Tiara'
- Flat, open-faced flower
- Large white flowers have light purple veining throughout
- Flowers are topped with short, upright, royal-purple petals
- Up to three flower buds per stalk
- Bright green sword-like foliage with a prominent centre rib, 3-4 cm wide
- Bloom Time: June to August
- Flower Size: 18 cm
Japanese Water Iris Growing and Maintenance Tips
Iris ensata grow best in a rich, moist to wet soil, in full sun or partial shade. These cultivars are not tolerant of dry conditions, and are best sited along wet, pond edges or streams. During the growing season they thrive with their roots submerged, however, the water should be removed during the winter months to avoid root rot.
Iris ensata 'Queen's Tiara' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Wet Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum