Iris ensata 'Gold Bound'
Also called Woodland Iris
More About Iris ensata 'Gold Bound'
- AKA Iris kaempferi 'Gold Bound'
- Flat, open-faced flower
- Large, pure white flowers with deep yellow signals
- Up to three, flower buds per stalk
- Bright green, sword-like foliage with a prominent, centre rib, 3-4 cm wide
- Bloom Time: June to August
- Flower Size: 20 cm
Japanese Water Iris Growing and Maintenance Tips
Iris ensata grow best in a rich, moist to wet soil, in full sun or partial shade. These cultivars are not tolerant of dry conditions and are best sited along wet, pond edges or streams. During the growing season, they thrive with their roots submerged, however, the water should be removed during the winter months to avoid root rot.
Iris ensata 'Gold Bound' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Wet Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum