Iris ensata 'Cry of Rejoice'
Also called Woodland Iris
More About Iris ensata 'Cry of Rejoice'
- AKA Iris kaempferi 'Cry of Rejoice'
- Flat, open-faced flower
- Large, magenta-red flowers with yellow flares
- White veining shows at the base of each fall
- Up to three flower buds per stalk
- Bright green, sword-like foliage with a prominent, centre rib, 3-4 cm wide
- Bloom Time: June to July
- Flower Size: 17 cm
Japanese Water Iris Growing and Maintenance Tips
Iris ensata grow best in a rich, moist to wet soil, in full sun or partial shade. These cultivars are not tolerant of dry conditions and are best sited along wet, pond edges or streams. During the growing season, they thrive with their roots submerged, however, the water should be removed during the winter months to avoid root rot.
Iris ensata 'Cry of Rejoice' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Wet Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum