Incarvillea delavayi 'Snowtop' (Alba)
Also called Garden Gloxinia
More About Incarvillea delavayi Snowtop ('Alba')
- AKA Incarvillea delavayi 'Deli White'
- Tropical-looking blooms
- Trumpet-like, pure ivory-white flowers
- Flowers rise just above foliage on sturdy stems
- Thick, leathery, fern-like foliage about 30 cm in length
- Drought tolerant
- Bloom Time: June to August
- Flower Size: 8 cm
Hardy Gloxinia Growing and Maintenance Tips
Incarvillea grow best in an average to dry, sandy, well-drained soil, in full sun to partial shade. Will continue to bloom for several weeks if deadheaded. Winter mulching is recommended for our region, and then should be removed in early spring. Incarvillea have a large taproot, so moving it once it established is not recommended.
Incarvillea delavayi Snowtop ('Alba') Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum