Humulus lupulus 'Nugget'
More About Humulus lupulus 'Nugget'
- Greenish-yellow, cone-like flowers
- Flowers have a strong, pine scent
- Deeply lobed, maple-like, mid-green leaves
- Stems and leaves are rough and bristly
- Fast-growing, twining habit
- Bloom Time: July
Hops: the dried, ripe cones of the female flowers used for preserving and flavouring beer.
Ornamental Hop Growing and Maintenance Tips
Humulus grow best in a fertile, average to moist, well-drained soil, in full sun to partial shade. Foliage dies back to the ground each year and new shoots emerge in the spring. Clean up the plant after a hard frost so the new shoots will not be damaged. Humulus needs a trellis or arbour to support it through the growing season.
Humulus lupulus 'Nugget' Characteristics
Moist to Average