Houttuynia cordata 'Chameleon'
More About Houttuynia cordata 'Chameleon'
- AKA Houttuynia cordata 'Tricolor'
- Insignificant flowers are green with white bracts
- Small heart-shaped leaves form a dense mat
- Foliage is a mix of reds, yellows, greens and pinks
- Leaves emit a strong citrus scent when disturbed
- Spreads vigorously by underground rhizomes
- Bloom Time: July to August
Chameleon Plant Growing and Maintenance Tips
Houttuynia will grow and establish in all soil conditions, however, it is best grown in site with adequate moisture in full sun to partial shade. Leaf colours are more intense in full sun. Being a vigourous plant, spreading by rhizome, we recommend using root barriers to stop its spread into unintended areas.
Houttuynia cordata 'Chameleon' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Moist to Wet Soils