Hosta montana 'Aureomarginata'
More About Hosta montana 'Aureomarginata'
- AKA Hosta 'Kifukurin Oba' or Hosta 'Kifukurin Giboshi'
- Large semi-upright mound
- Slightly wavy corrugated leaves
- Green leaves with golden margins fading toward cream in late summer
- Pale lavender flowers
- Bloom Time: Early to late July
- Flower Height: 90 cm
- Foliage Height: 65 cm
- Leaf Size: 38 cm x 20.5 cm
montana 'Aureo-marginata' Hosta will tolerate some sun.
Genus Overview: Hosta
Common Name: Plantain Lily
Growing and Maintenance Tips:
Hosta grow best in a rich, moist, well-drained soil, in partial to full shade. Early to mid-morning sun and dappled shade in the afternoon are ideal conditions for most hosta cultivars. Some are full sun tolerant, when consistent moisture is provided. Cleaning out dormant foliage in early winter will help reduce the insect population, such as slug larvae.
Hosta montana 'Aureomarginata' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Landscape usesWoodland/woods edge