Suitable Substitutions for Hosta 'Zounds'
More About 'Zounds'
- Medium to large mound of heavily corrugated foliage
- Bright gold thick, cupped foliage
- Slug resistant and sun tolerant
- Near-white flowers
- Bloom Time: Late June to mid-July
- Flower Height: 75 cm
- Foliage Height: 55 cm
- Leaf Size: 26.5 cm x 21.5 cm
'Zounds' Hosta will tolerate some sun.
Genus Overview: Hosta
Common Name: Plantain Lily
Growing and Maintenance Tips:
Hosta grow best in a rich, moist, well-drained soil, in partial to full shade. Early to mid-morning sun and dappled shade in the afternoon are ideal conditions for most hosta cultivars. Some are full sun tolerant, when consistent moisture is provided. Cleaning out dormant foliage in early winter will help reduce the insect population, such as slug larvae.
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum