Suitable Substitutions for Hosta 'Spartacus'
More About 'Spartacus'
- Heart-shaped wavy-edged leaves
- Green foliage with serrated yellow margins
- Pale lavender flowers on arching stems
- Bloom Time: Late June to early July
- Flower Height: 100 cm
- Foliage Height: 50 cm
- Leaf Size: 31.5 cm x 20 cm
A sport of Hosta 'Sea Gulf'.
Genus Overview: Hosta
Common Name: Plantain Lily
Growing and Maintenance Tips:
Hosta grow best in a rich, moist, well-drained soil, in partial to full shade. Early to mid-morning sun and dappled shade in the afternoon are ideal conditions for most hosta cultivars. Some are full sun tolerant, when consistent moisture is provided. Cleaning out dormant foliage in early winter will help reduce the insect population, such as slug larvae.
Moist to Average
Landscape usesFoundation planting