Suitable Substitutions for Hosta 'Satisfaction'
More About 'Satisfaction'
- Large-sized mound with moderately rippled leaves
- Blue-green with a wide gold margin
- Centre turns dark green by mid-season
- Near-white flowers
- Bloom Time: Late June into July
- Flower Height: 90 cm
- Foliage Height: 65 cm
- Leaf Size: 28 cm x 22.5 cm
A sport of Hosta 'Piedmont Gold'.
'Satisfaction' Hosta will tolerate some sun.
Genus Overview: Hosta
Common Name: Plantain Lily
Growing and Maintenance Tips:
Hosta grow best in a rich, moist, well-drained soil, in partial to full shade. Early to mid-morning sun and dappled shade in the afternoon are ideal conditions for most hosta cultivars. Some are full sun tolerant, when consistent moisture is provided. Cleaning out dormant foliage in early winter will help reduce the insect population, such as slug larvae.
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum
Landscape usesFoundation planting