Hosta 'Rubies and Ruffles'
More About 'Rubies and Ruffles'
- Upright vase-shaped habit
- Medium-sized hosta with heavily rippled leaves
- Red petioles hold green foliage with creamy-white margins
- Purplish-red stems support purple flowers
- Bloom Time: Late summer to early fall
- Flower Height: 65 cm
- Foliage Height: 40 cm
- Leaf Size: 17.5 cm x 12.5 cm
'Rubies and Ruffles' Hosta will tolerate some sun.
Genus Overview: Hosta
Common Name: Plantain Lily
Growing and Maintenance Tips:
Hosta grow best in a rich, moist, well-drained soil, in partial to full shade. Early to mid-morning sun and dappled shade in the afternoon are ideal conditions for most hosta cultivars. Some are full sun tolerant, when consistent moisture is provided. Cleaning out dormant foliage in early winter will help reduce the insect population, such as slug larvae.
'Rubies and Ruffles' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall