Hosta 'Royal Standard'
More About 'Royal Standard'
- Large mounding habit with wavy, slightly corrugated, lustrous leaves
- Fragrant pure white flowers
- Single clump can produce up to 40 flower stems
- Excellent sun tolerance
- Bloom Time: Mid-August into September
- Flower Height: 100 cm
- Foliage Height: 65 cm
- Leaf Size: 24.5 cm x 15.5 cm
A Hosta plantaginea seedling.
'Royal Standard' Hosta will tolerate some sun.
Genus Overview: Hosta
Common Name: Plantain Lily
Growing and Maintenance Tips:
Hosta grow best in a rich, moist, well-drained soil, in partial to full shade. Early to mid-morning sun and dappled shade in the afternoon are ideal conditions for most hosta cultivars. Some are full sun tolerant, when consistent moisture is provided. Cleaning out dormant foliage in early winter will help reduce the insect population, such as slug larvae.
'Royal Standard' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Landscape usesWoodland/woods edge