Suitable Substitutions for Hosta 'Paradigm'
More About 'Paradigm'
- Gold-centred foliage with streaked dark green margins
- Heavily corrugated and slightly wavy leaves
- Near-white flowers
- Thick leaves with good slug resistance
- Bloom Time: Late June to mid-July
- Flower Height: 75 cm
- Foliage Height: 55 cm
- Leaf Size: 29 cm x 22.5 cm
'Paradigm' Hosta will tolerate some sun.
Genus Overview: Hosta
Common Name: Plantain Lily
Growing and Maintenance Tips:
Hosta grow best in a rich, moist, well-drained soil, in partial to full shade. Early to mid-morning sun and dappled shade in the afternoon are ideal conditions for most hosta cultivars. Some are full sun tolerant, when consistent moisture is provided. Cleaning out dormant foliage in early winter will help reduce the insect population, such as slug larvae.
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum
Landscape usesWoodland/woods edge