Hosta 'Northern Halo'
Suitable Substitutions for Hosta 'Northern Halo'
More About 'Northern Halo'
- Large mound of heavily corrugated foliage
- Blue-green leaves with a creamy-white margin
- Leaves turn green with a greenish-white margin by midsummer
- Near-white flowers
- Bloom Time: Mid-June to early July
- Flower Height: 80 cm
- Foliage Height: 65 cm
- Leaf Size: 35.5 cm x 26.5 cm
A sport of Hosta sieboldiana 'Elegans'.
Genus Overview: Hosta
Common Name: Plantain Lily
Growing and Maintenance Tips:
Hosta grow best in a rich, moist, well-drained soil, in partial to full shade. Early to mid-morning sun and dappled shade in the afternoon are ideal conditions for most hosta cultivars. Some are full sun tolerant, when consistent moisture is provided. Cleaning out dormant foliage in early winter will help reduce the insect population, such as slug larvae.
'Northern Halo' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum
Landscape usesWoodland/woods edge