Hosta 'Linda Sue'
Suitable Substitutions for Hosta 'Linda Sue'
More About 'Linda Sue'
- Heavily corrugated, thick leaves
- Bluish-green foliage with a wide yellow margin
- White flowers
- Better tolerance to leaf scorch than 'Francis Williams'
- Bloom Time: Mid-June to July
- Flower Height: 85 cm
- Foliage Height: 55 cm
- Leaf Size: 33 cm x 25.5 cm
A sport of Hosta 'Frances Williams'.
Genus Overview: Hosta
Common Name: Plantain Lily
Growing and Maintenance Tips:
Hosta grow best in a rich, moist, well-drained soil, in partial to full shade. Early to mid-morning sun and dappled shade in the afternoon are ideal conditions for most hosta cultivars. Some are full sun tolerant, when consistent moisture is provided. Cleaning out dormant foliage in early winter will help reduce the insect population, such as slug larvae.
'Linda Sue' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum
Landscape usesWoodland/woods edge