Hosta 'Katie Q'
Suitable Substitutions for Hosta 'Katie Q'
More About 'Katie Q'
- Medium-sized mound
- Bluish-green leaves with gold margins
- Blue-green colour turns dark green by midsummer
- Moderately wavy and slightly corrugated
- Pale lavender flowers
- Bloom Time: Late June to mid-July
- Flower Height: 60 cm
- Foliage Height: 45 cm
- Leaf Size: 17.5 cm x 13 cm
Genus Overview: Hosta
Common Name: Plantain Lily
Growing and Maintenance Tips:
Hosta grow best in a rich, moist, well-drained soil, in partial to full shade. Early to mid-morning sun and dappled shade in the afternoon are ideal conditions for most hosta cultivars. Some are full sun tolerant, when consistent moisture is provided. Cleaning out dormant foliage in early winter will help reduce the insect population, such as slug larvae.
'Katie Q' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum
Landscape usesFoundation planting