Hibiscus x 'Summer Storm'#PP20443
Suitable Substitutions for Hibiscus x 'Summer Storm'
More About Hibiscus x 'Summer Storm' (PP20443)
- Satin-pink flowers with a deep pink centre
- Veins of deep pink bleed from a central eye
- Large, maple-shaped leaves are deep wine in colour
- Vigorous, shrubby perennial
- Bloom Time: July to frost
- Flower Size: 25 cm
Rose Mallow Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a moist to average soil in full sun and are not tolerant of lengthy, dry conditions. In the fall, prune branches back to about 30 cm, and once the eyes appear in the spring remove any dead stalks. Hibiscus are late to break dormancy in the spring usually late May in southern Ontario. Tall, sturdy stems rarely need support once established in the landscape.
Hibiscus x 'Summer Storm' (PP20443) Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Wet Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Landscape usesScreening (privacy)