Hibiscus syriacus 'Hamabo'
More About Hibiscus syriacus 'Hamabo'
- Single, two-tone pink flowers with red centres
- Seed capsules persist added winter interest
- Variably palmate leaves emerge late in the spring
- Yellowish leaves in the fall
- Bloom Time: July to September
Rose of Sharon Growing and Maintenance Tips
Tolerant of a range of soils and conditions, but is best grown in a well-drained soil, in full sun or partial shade. Hibiscus can be trained or pruned into a tree form or grafted as a standard. Standards usually exhibit more globose heads than trained tree forms.
Hibiscus syriacus 'Hamabo' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils