Hemerocallis 'Earlybird Cardinal™' (Endless Heart)#PP16515
Suitable Substitutions for Hemerocallis 'Earlybird Cardinal™' (Endless Heart)
Hemerocallis 'Endless Heart' - Earlybird Cardinal™ Daylily - Photo courtesy of Walters Gardens, Inc.
Series: JERSEY EARLYBIRD™
More About Earlybird Cardinal™ ('Endless Heart') (PP16515)
- Watermelon-red flowers and a chartreuse throat
- Petals have slightly ruffled edges
- Green, slender, grass-like foliage
- Bloom Time: August
- Flower Height: 50 cm
- Flower Size: 10 cm
- Flower Type: Diploid
Genus Overview: Hemerocallis
Common Name: Daylily
Growing and Maintenance Tips:
- Grow best in an average to moist, well-drained soil, in full sun.Tolerates partial shade (especially darker cultivars) in the hottest part of the day. Tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Diploids: Daylilies with 2 sets of chromosomes. Usually faster growing, producing more "grassy" growth and everblooming types.
- Tetraploids: Daylilies with 4 sets of chromosomes. Usually produces wider, heavier foliage and thick, sturdy stems. Flowers are larger with thicker petals, and colors are more intense.
- Rebloomers: Plants bloom heaviest during the listed, flowering time and then sporadically during the rest of the season.
Earlybird Cardinal™ ('Endless Heart') (PP16515) Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average