Helenium x 'Red Jewel'
Also called Helen's Flower
More About Helenium x 'Red Jewel'
- Dense clusters of small dusky-red flowers with a brownish-orange cone
- Sometimes tipped irregularly with yellow
- Mid-green, narrow, serrated leaves, 15 cm long
- Best suited for the back border
- Bloom Time: July to October
Sneezeweed Growing and Maintenance Tips
Thrives in a fertile, moist soil, in full sun. To maintain compact habit and more flower count, it is recommended pruning helenium back to half by mid-June. Staking may be required if planted in shadier sites. Divide every 2-3 years to maintain flower production.
Helenium x 'Red Jewel' Characteristics
Moist to Average