Hamamelis x intermedia 'Barmstedt Gold'
More About Hamamelis x intermedia 'Barmstedt Gold'
- Upright growth when young, more rounded with maturity
- A winter-blooming selection
- Abundant, fragrant, golden-yellow flowers with red tints at the base of the petals
- Flowers are ribbon-like, curled and slightly crinkled
- Dark green leaves take on yellow and orange hues in the fall
- Bloom Time: January to March
Witchhazel Growing and Maintenance Tips
Tolerant of a range of soils and pH but grows best in a moist, well-drained, slightly acidic soil, in full sun or partial shade. Removing suckers is recommended to keep colonies in check.
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Barmstedt Gold' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeEarly Spring